I first saw this idea on the wonderful site that is Pinterest. All the recipes I saw used hog dog sausages so with a bit of tweeking this recipe uses traditional sausages. These have gone down very well in classes, I’ve seen some very inventive bandaging on the sausages! While yes it links to Halloween and Bonfire Night we have also been looking at food safety (hygiene when touching raw meat) and looking at how we can divide ingredients equally.
40 cocktail sausages
1 pack of ready rolled puff pastry (375g)
1 egg, beaten
mayonnaise, ketchup or mustard for eyes.
1) Unroll the pastry then cut into quarters then cut each quarter into 10 strips.
2) Take a strip of pastry and stretch it slightly to make it longer and thinner.
3) Pick up a sausage and wrap the pastry like mummy bandages.
4) Place on a lined baking tray and brush with beaten egg.
5) Bake at 180oc for 15-20 until pastry is risen and golden.
6) Using a cocktail stick dab it in the mayonnaise (or your choice of sauce) and dab on the sausage to make eyes.